Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just Do It !

With school, work, social life's, and everything in between many students including myself often forget the significance in taking time to do things to benefit themselves physically, emotionally, spiritually, and otherwise. Today I took a personal day to cater to these forgotten aspects of my being.


Many people laugh when I say this but for me shopping is truly therapeutic. Something about moving through racks of lifeless clothes hanging solo on hangers and placing them with just the right thing else where in the store for eventual purchase does something for my spirit. A natural high that only a fellow Shopaholic could understand.  Some people drink, others smoke, but Milan... well she shops. 


After my excursion to Chinatown I came home and change for a 5:00 yoga class. I use to workout routinely before I began college. It's amazing how a change in situation could change the basic things about person but I will save that saga for another time. In the beginning it was difficult for me to clear my mind to a place where I could center myself. Though, when I was able to bring myself to that place a transformation happened with my psyche. After clearing my head of the non-sense that usually occupies it I felt a feeling of freedom from life's problems. I literally felt lighter as a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, I even noticed it was easier for me to just breath.


With day to day activities and responsibilities many things are thrown to the waste side. In closing I urge you all to take the time to do the little things that make the biggest difference. For some that might mean waking just aliitle earlier to take a jog before class, for others it might mean taking 30 minutes out of your day to read your favorite fashion blogs, shoot for some it might mean rolling that blunt before you go to sleep (I don't judge) but whatever it is do it! Get on your Nike status and JUST DO IT !

No comments:

Post a Comment