Monday, February 8, 2010

Deja Vu

Deja Vu.....I feel like I am in High School again, Seriously. Aside from getting a great education and having a different experience, I was sooooooooo looking forward to getting away from the immaturity. I feel that I have always been just a bit more mature then those around me and I assumed that Howard would bring together the best and the brightest from all over the country and that I would be leaving immaturity in exchange for young adults who could agree to disagree and enter into what is known as civil discourse. Clearly I was wrong, DEAD WRONG. The carrying on, the name calling. the two-faceness, it'a never been my style and I have never dealt with it well when coming from other people.

This weekend has been no different. I am at a point where I've decided I need to begin stop caring so much about wanting everyone to like me and start cutting people and things out of my life that are not going to help me in progression towards ultimate success. (Bahhhahhaa evil scientist laugh) But no seriously. I am soooooo over people, And to think that I use to be such a people person. smhhh.

There should be some sort of maturity and character test before you are admitted into the "Black Harvard" as we like to continuously reference ourself. Though academically smart, I have noticed that many people here have #weak character and are emotionally unstable.

I guess I got my hopes up when expecting more or different from people who have the nerve to call themselves adults (sarcastic smirk) #ohwell

No comments:

Post a Comment